Great with home made chips!
- 300ml groundnut oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 heaped tsp dijon mustard
- 1 level tsp salt
- freshly milled black pepper
- 2tsp white wine vinegar
- Put the egg yolks into the basin, add the mustard, salt and a little black pepper. Whisk together. VERY slowly add a stream of oil to the egg mixture while whisking.
- The mixture will begin to thicken and go very stiff and lumpy. Continue whisking!
- Slowly add the vinegar, which will thin the mixture down, still whisking!
- If you'd like the mayonnaise to be a bit lighter, add tablespoons of boiling water and whisk it in.
- If it curdles you have added the oil too quickly. Put a fresh egg yolk into a clean basin, slowly add the curdled mixture to it, and continue.