There is nothing like being in control of your own boat. From relaxing and escaping those daily stresses to high adrenaline racing, this sport has something to offer everyone.
For those who are not too sure about taking up sailing and would like to give it a go before taking the plunge, try this 3 hour ‘have-a-go’ session. We also offer a range of adult and junior two-day courses for all levels of ability from the complete novice to the more serious sailor.
Getting afloat - an introduction to the sport. Available in Single and Double Handers (with instructor on board).
The foundations - becoming a competent sailor in light winds. Available in Single and Double Handers.
Designed for those who have mastered the basics and are now ready to take up the challenge. Choose from the following courses:
- Seamanship Skills - how to handle the boat in all circumstances and solve problems when afloat. (Double Handers)
- Day Sailing - go cruising on the Dee Estuary and master passage planning and decision making for small boat cruising. (Double Handers)
- Sailing with Spinnakers - everything you need to know for sailing modern 3-sail boats. (Double Handers)
- Start Racing - the start line for all you need to know to get round the course. (Single Handers)
- Performance Skills - improve your boat handling and confidence in performance boats. (Double Handers)
Five-Day Courses for adults and juniors are also available for any of the above programmes. Book now and you will pay for just four days and get the 5th FREE!
A Sailing Club especially for juniors aged 8-15, is operated during term time from April to October on Friday evenings from 5pm - 8pm. Please contact the Sailing Centre for more details.
Minimum standard of Sailing is required for joining.
Wirral Sailing Centre
West Kirby Marine Lake, South Parade, West Kirby, Wirral, CH48 0QG
Tel: 0151 625-3292 / 2510